Friday, August 20, 2010

Can someone PLEASE edit and offer suggestions for the first part of my essay, please........it is du

I swing the racquet with all of the strength left in my worn out body. The ball approaches me as if in slow motion. The rush of adrenaline causes me to burst out, and send the ball flying cross court. Right now, that ball, and this hard, familiar court are all that matter, as right now, I am in my element, my own little world.



I am so taken aback and concentrated, that even the thunderous roar of the crowd is a mere noise that I can barely hear. It is match point, and as the ball approaches me for a final time, I know that this is it; this is what I live for. I return the ball with a backhand so graceful and precise that I can鈥檛 even believe it was one of my shots. My opponent struggles, but misses the ball, and I now know that I have finally triumphed, and conquered my opponent. Although I am aware of my success, I can hardly believe it. I am somehow distracted, as I really don鈥檛 want the game to be over. What I really want, even more than the shiny trophy that I have just received, is to continue playing forever and ever, because this is the game I adore. This is my true passion, my backbone, this is the transfixing game of tennis.



Tennis, a common sport played by over four million people worldwide, and also a very simple sport, as all it takes is a racquet, a ball, a net, and an opponent. Yet to me, tennis is so much more than merely a sport. To me, tennis is a part of everyday life, and the beauty of its game is that it allows a determined, passionate player to overcome all odds, and triumph. In my eyes, I tend to see the game of tennis to be a lot like war: An eager, dedicated player, struggling to take out their opponent and prove themselves the worthy one. The game of tennis, to me, is an exhilarating escape where I can express myself and fight like a warrior in the midst of a battle, determined to take out his enemy. I am the warrior, my mental game and the racquet are my weapons, and my opponent is the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment